<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, September 21, 2006

I don't practice Santeria, I ain't got no crystal ball 

my first day of placement is done. I helped out at a food bank. There was one heart breaking moment, But I'm under an oath of secrecy (it sounds cool too). Personal Reflection: in a society that produces so much (90% of it is bullshit) shouldn't the basic necessities be a right, not a commodity to be bought and sold for profit? Should people be put through the process of having to prove residence and number in house hold, going into basements of community centre's, showing up late and then having to wonder where they will pick up food for the week?(etc etc) Isn't there a better way to do this? we have the resources. I could rant on, but i'll leave it at that.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?