<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, May 14, 2006

where I've been 

So I spent the last week at a christian (mostly anglican and mennonite) Advocacy and Justice camp. It was pretty amazing. My immersion group was Development and Aid. Some of the people we met with included the deputy high commissioner of Uganda, John McCallum, and the senior vice president of CIDA. Oh, and Bill Blaikie came the first day and gave a really intresting speech on the history of the christian left in Canada and where it is now.

All in all it was sweet. It was cool to get away from reading and interprting the bible in the evangelical sense where often you are looking for 'what does it mean to me' and instead often we would interpret it for 'what does it mean for the world, what does it mean for countries?'. Took me awhile to get my well trained brain to think that way, but once i could it was pretty awesome. There were also a ton of amazing people there. They had 50% over 30 and 50% under, so it was nice to see advocates from all generations. Oh, and anglicans like to drink...alot (we even had a wine and cheese in the church, which was the beginning of a long night). If I get a chance to collect my thoughts, i'll try to post more about it at a later date.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?