<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Pucker up and kiss the asphalt now 

So my last two placements sorta fell through. So i'm thinking about changing my direction from working with end of life/grief, to working with children and youth (ya I know, they don't have much in common).

My only reservations about this is that there was once a time when I wanted to be a youth pastor. Then one fateful summer I was a camp counselor to 5 wonderful boys, most of whom decided to go off the ritalin at the same time. After that I switched my major to pastoral studies. I think part of it was that i was still pretty fundamental back then, I couldn't believe that pre-teens were talking about sex *GASP*. But now i'm a little less naive. And less sensitive/self-righteous. So maybe it will work out. Anyways I've sent e-mails to Big Brothers and Sisters, and the Boys and Girls club. So hopefully I'll get a response. Either way I have more studying, 3 more exams.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?