<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Six days at the bottom of the ocean 

So last night was interesting. I was waiting to hear about this party (which never happened because the girl who was having the party forgot about it and went home for the weekend). And this guy phones for one of my roomates (garret, the roomate, has a lot of connections with people who are/were either on ontario works, or homeless, etc). And i say 'sorry garret's not here, so the guy invites me over to his house and gives me the address and everything. Needless to say I was a little be hesitent but I figured he was just kinda loenly, and hey, i'm 6 foot 2, 2?? lbs (haha), I can hold my own if I need to. So I go over and the guy was this nice old man and he spend like 2 hours giving me pamphlets an different activism events and so on coming up. I mean two hours was a long time to spend hearing about up coming events, but it was pretty cool. So monday night I have a dilemma, do I go to to William Blum who is an author talking about 'The War on Terrorism and the Expansion of US Empire" or do i got to see the documentary "The Revolution will not be televised" which will be about : "Hugo Chavez, the president of Venezuela was ousted by a coup in 2003, for 48 hours. Two independent filmmakers happened to be with Chavez when this event occurred - this film presents the history in the making."
I really like Hugo but the author one will be the author giving a lecture. I dunno
oh and monday night theres supposed to be a lecture on burma. that might be intresting too.

well the percy campaign is over. So my eyes can relax at carleton now (except for the embarrissing amount of construction that always takes place during my classes).
anyways I need to change my fishs' water and knock up some church

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?