<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, September 26, 2005

all sentimental and crap 

around this time of year I visit the ole bible college webpage and start remembering the old days. Sometimes I wish I could go back to that, back to the old me. But I know I can't. I know that my mind set now is way harder to deal with then when I was there*. plus it's amazing how easily blind faith can turn into blind obdience.

*for instance, before I was all about missionary work which was easy, just give $5 dollars to a missionary and pray for them and you did your part. But now I could honestly care less about missionary work, I think issues like poverty and free vs. fair trade are far more important. This is harder though because I can't just give $5 to fair trade and call it a day. i have to be willing to change my whole mind set and shed the consumerists skin I'm in. I have to be willing to pay $6 for a small bag of coffee and $4.50 for a choclate bar that have a "fair trade" stamp on it. I have to change my spending habits completely. and this is only ONE issue.

life just gets more complicated as you go

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?