<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, January 27, 2005

A Not so Gaither Homecoming 

I'm coming back to brockville this weekend, which should be good times. My reason for going back is to take my driving test on monday (and i have a dentists appointment). I also realized that I have two projects due on monday, but they rn't too big, so it should be alright.

I'm kinda intrested in the new service, although I have to try and not be too judgemental cause I was heavily involved in the original "extra" service (for lack of a better name).

IN Psychology we learnt about the opponent-process theory, which is basically like if you have one emotion for an extended period of time that you are likely to have an opposite emotion for a similar amount of time. This can be seen in biological process of the body, but also with emotions. so an example he gave is like when you go on a date and you have an awesome time, you tend to have an emotional high, and when the date is over you tend to get somewhat depressed saying" I wish we we're still on our date" etc. He of course used broader examples afterwards like marriage and other stuff, and said how eventually things come back to thier resting or neutral state.

I found this interesting, it kind of reminded me of my relationship with God. That emotional high you have the first little while, whether it be weeks, months, or years. What we christian, with our christian jargon call "being on fire" (no wonder so many people find christians scary, they think we want to set theme a blaze!). Anyways, I know I had that time, and then came the not so good times. and now... hopefully... it starts to stable out. I don't know if i'll ever get "the fire" back, however I will say that when I had "the fire" it was probablly when I was the most annoying to other people around me, and probablly caused me to drive more ppl away. But I was young and that was back in the days.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?