<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

idealism vs. Realism 

So lots has happened, plenty of funny and humerous stories since i last post. ask me about them if ya wanna know

It's the middle of exams, so it goes with out saying that my mind likes to wonder off to things that have nothing to do with exams.

It's so hard when your ideals, the way you think you should live your life, are so very different then the way you actually live your life. For instance, I hate capitalism. I hate this idea of 'geting ahead' in life by making money and accumulating things... capital. I'm a christian, I read Acts and see this has the way I should life. I should sell the crap i've gotten over the years and sell it and give the money to the poor and needy. Yet I need my computer in order to do my school work, and I don't really wanna give up my family guy dvd's. Sometime I want to go live in a monastary (really i do), but other times i think of how great it would be to have a plasama tv with surround sound.
Sometimes I think my ideal apartment/home when I grow up would contain a mattress, a chair and a book shelf full of books with nothing else (except a kitchen of course). Other time I think of all the cool stuff i want
----side note--- It's been my 'dream' to one day have a fish room, a room with shelfs that have loads of fish tanks, so i can breed guppies and actually keep track of the different genetic strands. SO now you now i'm a dork

Anyways, I guess i'll probablly end up being a sell out and a yuppy, or some poor version of a yuppy.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?