<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

I Love this Frickin' book! 

So I hated life, because the work that is done under the sun was grievous to me. All of it is meaningless, a chasing after the wind. I hated all the things I had toiled for under the sun, because I must leave them to the one who comes after me. And who knows whether he will be a wise man or a fool? Yet he will have control over all the work into which I have poured my effort and skill under the sun. This too is meaningless. So my heart began to despair over all my toilsome labor under the sun. For a man may do his work with wisdom, knowledge and skill, and then he must leave all he owns to someone who has not worked for it. This too is meaningless and a great misfortune. What does a man get for all the toil and anxious striving with which he labors under the sun? All his days his work is pain and grief; even at night his mind does not rest. This too is meaningless.
A man can do nothing better than to eat and drink and find satisfaction in his work. This too, I see, is from the hand of God, for without him, who can eat or find enjoyment? To the man who pleases him, God gives wisdom, knowledge and happiness, but to the sinner he gives the task of gathering and storing up wealth to hand it over to the one who pleases God. This too is meaningless, a chasing after the wind.



A lot can be taken from and studied from this passage, but I guess what reall catch's me at this moment is the last part; "to the sinner he gives the task of gathering and storing up wealth to hand it over to the one who pleases God. This too is meaningless, a chasing after the wind."

I am materialistic. I try to justify it, but that doesn't change the fact that I have a list of DVD's stored in my head which I am going to purchase, along with various toys and gadgets i wanna pick up along the way. All this along with trying to save money for school means squeezing as much money out of my small paycheck as possible. I've never tithed, never.

why do we live in such a consumerised society? why can't I give up all my non essintial items? I've heard people talk about how it's ok to own things and have money we just have to put Christ first, but; "Matthew 6


Treasures in Heaven

19"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
22"The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light. 23But if your eyes are bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!
24"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.

Do Not Worry

25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?"

and another thing before I head to bed. Whenever we (all of us) see somthing bad like famine or war or disease, we always say how someone should do somthing. We talk about wealth distribution or equal treatment and just leave it at that, as if the rich should be the ones helping. well, guess what, we, the north american middle and even working class... WE ARE THE RICH OF TODAY! We have the wealth, we have the power, and we leave it to someone richer.

I dunno, it's bed time

C'ya all later.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?