<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, May 31, 2004

Choices are tough! 

I'm faced with a ton of choices!And since I'm currently in one of those 'God's plan vs. free choice' or 'Predestination vs. Free choice' thought process modes, it's tough. (Does God have a plan set out for my life, or am I predestined to want to do what God wants me to do (career wise). Most of the choices surround education. I've switched to a two year program at Bible College for reason which include- the boredom of bible college, not wanting to go into full-time ministry this young, not sure if it's really my calling, and wanting to go to school at home to be near my friends.

Of course what I'm learning this summer is that my friends won't be around forever, or at least not in the way they used to be. One's getting married, one's moving to a different continent and others are changing as well. Going, to school, getting jobs. I guess i've always been afraid of change, I like things the way they are.

Well, back to school. So I was planning on taking a two year program at slc brockville for child and youth worker. But the other day I was looking into correctional officer (prison guard) and it looked really intresting (I have a cousin who used to be one and he always has crazy stories about it). An then a kinf of wierd thing happened today, maybe a sign, probablly a coincidence, while at work on the paper line, about 20 blue prints for different ontario jails went across the line (we thought about selling them to the mafia). It was just kinda wierd since my mind was dwelling on whether to work in the prison system or with youth, and then these prison blue prints float on by me.

Then there's always university, which I've avoided like the plague, but I have the marks to get in. I could do it. I just don't know if I want to. I'm I afraid to be challenged? afraid of the change? I don't know! I just don't want to wake up one day and regret avoiding a challenge for an easy way out.


now the final angle on all of this: money!
I get have of the cost paid for by my parents, but only for four years. So if I go the 2 years Bible college, 2 years child and youth worker, I would actually save money (because of the two years in brockville). If I could 2 years for correctional worker, It would cost more cuz it's in kingston, but i'd still be alright. Uni would be a lot more.

And one final thing, Theres is still time to apply to St. L. this year, for either program. So I could just stick with the one year Bible College I got now, and be done in two years.



I guess why i'm typing about this is so that you guys can pray for me, that God will reveal this, or at least give me a hint. And if you guys have any advice and/or a divine message, please let me know.

choices- there not as good as pizza pockets!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?